Summer is on the way and you know what that means..backyard BBQ’s! Meg’s favourite.
These burgers are damn delicious and are an awesome substitute to beef or chicken if you’re looking to spice things up. I typically make a large batch and throw them in the freezer to either grill on the stove top or BBQ when needed . This is a serious stress fix when you forgot to plan dinner and are scrambling to find something hearty and delicious!
The Best Black Bean Burgers
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into tiny pieces
1/2 onion, cut into tiny pieces
5 cloves of garlic (I’m all about that garlic)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp of your favourite Thai Chili sauce (or Franks Hot Sauce)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (can be GF if desired)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Rinse black beans and put into bowl. Mash with fork until you reach a pasty consistency.
2. Dice bell peppers, onion and garlic into tiny pieces. Stir into black beans.
3. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, cumin and chili sauce
4. Stir egg mixture into black beans.
5. Add in bread crumbs and stir well. You want a consistency where you can shape into patties. Add more crumbs if it seems too runny.
6. Shape into pattys and place on baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes (20 total).
Voila, that’s it! Freeze the remaining patties and either heat up on the BBQ or stove top with a little bit of olive oil.